- Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe - Strawberry Ice Cream Ingredients & Directions for 4 quarts: 4 cups of processed strawberries (pulse a few times in food processor before measuring) 2 cups sugar 1 cup heavy whipping cream 3 cups half & half 1 tsp vanilla extract Next, fill to the top of ice cream machine with whole milk. Churn according to … Continue reading "Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe"
- Strawberry Biscuit Recipe - Strawberry Biscuit Recipe You will need: 1/2 cup (4 oz) salted butter, frozen 1/4 tsp baking powder 2 1/2 cups self rising flour 1/4 cup sugar 1 cup heavy whipping cream 1 cup chopped strawberries Directions: Preheat oven to 475F. Grate frozen butter with box grater. Toss together with flour, sugar and baking powder in … Continue reading "Strawberry Biscuit Recipe"
- Lazy Strawberry Sonker - Lazy Strawberry Sonker You will need: Filling: 2 pounds fresh NC strawberries 1/4 cup sugar 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 cup water 3 tablespoons cornstarch Topping: 1 cup AP flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 cup milk 8 tablespoons melted butter 1 teaspoon vanilla Directions: Mix filling ingredients and transfer to a deep dish pie plate. … Continue reading "Lazy Strawberry Sonker"
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Delight - Strawberry Cream Cheese Delight Ingredients: 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar – depending on sweetness of berries 3 cups sliced strawberries 1 cup whipping cream, whipped Directions: Beat cream cheese and sugar with mixer until light and fluffy. Fold in strawberries and whipped cream. Turn into 5-6 cup mold. Freeze … Continue reading "Strawberry Cream Cheese Delight"
- Easy Strawberry Cobbler - Easy Strawberry Cobbler You will need: Filling: 1 stick (1/4 lb) butter 4 cup strawberries 1 cup sugar Batter: 1 cup sugar 1 cup self-rising flour 1 cup milk Directions: Preheat oven to 375F. Melt 1 stick butter in 9×13 inch pan. Mix together 4 cups strawberries and 1 cup sugar. Put in saucepan, … Continue reading "Easy Strawberry Cobbler"
- Chocolate Dipped Delights - Chocolate Dipped Delights Ingredients: 1 pkg. (8 squares) semi-sweet baking chocolate 4 squares premium white baking chocolate, melted (optional) About 2 dozen strawberries Directions: Microwave chocolate in small microwavable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Dip strawberries into chocolate; let excess chocolate drip … Continue reading "Chocolate Dipped Delights"
- Strawberry -Pretzel Icebox Pie - Second Place Winner–Strawberry Dessert Contest 2013 Kristina G. Harris, Raleigh, NC 2 c. finely crushed pretzel sticks ¾ cup butter, melted ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk 4 oz. cream cheese, softened 4 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. strawberry gelatin (1/2 (3 oz) package) … Continue reading "Strawberry -Pretzel Icebox Pie"
- Strawberry Rice Salad with Chicken & Almonds - By Betty Thompson Morton, Kernersville, NC Honorable Mention 3 cups North Carolina Strawberry halves 1 cup North Carolina strawberry slices 1 cup uncooked brown basmati rice 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar or your favorite vinegar 1 tsp. Dijon mustard 1 tsp. seasoning blend (Spice Delight) or seasoned salt 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil 2 Tbsp. local … Continue reading "Strawberry Rice Salad with Chicken & Almonds"
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler - By Elicia Delapp, Stokesdale, NC Third Prize Winner 1/2 cup butter 1 egg, lightly beaten 1 cup milk 1 cup flour 1 cup sugar 2 tsp. baking powder 1/2 tsp. salt 2 quarts strawberries, washed and capped 4 oz. cream cheese Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter and pour in 9 x 13 … Continue reading "Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler"
- Strawberry Pizza - Strawberry Pizza By Ivy Tanvishut, High Point, NC, who credits the recipe to her stepmother, Cathy McClatchy of Brookings, OR Second Prize Winner Crust: 3 cups flour 1-1/3 cup shortening 1 Tbsp sugar 1 tsp salt 1 egg 1 Tbsp white vinegar 6 Tbsp ice cold water Filling: 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, … Continue reading "Strawberry Pizza"
1 pint basket of berries = 2½ cups whole berries
1 pint basket of berries = 2¼ cups sliced berries
1 pint basket of berries = 1¾ cups pureed berries
1 pint basket of berries = about 12-14 large berries or 16-20 medium berries
1 quart of berries weighs about 1¼-1½ pounds
1 flat of berries (8 quarts) weighs about 12 pounds
1½ to 2 quarts are needed for a 9″ pie
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries = one 10 oz. package of frozen strawberries
1 cup of strawberries contains approx. 50 calories.